WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOME FOR YOUR SPECIAL DELIVERY
Wilkes-Barre General Hospital is proud to be home to the finest Obstetrics/Gynecology and Pediatrics unit in the region. The Nesbitt Women's and Children's Center at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital
is a thoroughly modern and completely renovated unit that includes such unique features as a special care nursery, an isolation nursery and comfortable home-like rooms. The staff of the Nesbitt Women's and Children's Center comprises experienced and trusted nurses, aides, therapists and other health professionals.
Features of the Nesbitt Women's and Children's Center:
Click Here for a 3-D Virtual Tour
- A spacious, technologically advanced obstetrics unit backed by Wilkes-Barre General Hospital's outstanding critical care and emergency services.
- Highly skilled nurses who specialize in caring for you and your baby in a "dedicated" obstetrics unit.
- A special care nursery, an isolation nursery and a child-friendly viewing area.
- Sophisticated birthing suites featuring loungers, beds and soothing decor.
- A lactation program, featuring 24-hour accessibility.
- A certified childbirth facilitator at your service.
- A one-on-one approach to nursing care for mothers and babies.
- Advanced electronic monitoring devices enabling physicians to monitor mother and baby, even from the physicians' offices!