WILKES-BARRE ACADEMIC MEDICINE, LLC
2 Sharpe Street
Kingston, PA 18704
Wilkes-Barre Academic Medicine comprises Wyoming Valley Family Medicine Residency Program, the Family Care Center and the Mother-to-Be Health Service Program.
The Wilkes-Barre Family Medicine Residency Program has provided valuable clinical training and experience to resident family physicians since 1974. Its goal is to provide an outstanding educational experience for resident physicians while supplying the highest-quality medical care to our patients.
- Innovative, dynamic curriculum to medical residents through rotations, longitudinal experiences, conferences and seminars.
- Office preceptorships performed in the Family Care Center located on the greound floor of First Hospital, Kingston.
- For additional information, visit the Family Practice Medicine Program web site. http://www.wvfmrp.com
The Family Care Center was established in 1996 to serve medically underserved and lower income patients throughout the region. The center provides children and adults with comprehensive primary and family medicine services, advanced medical testing and complete psychological and social services.
- Primary medical care services to families of all income levels
The Mother-To-Be Health Service Program offers exceptional obstetric care – in many cases to women who may not have any other option for quality care. Through its affiliation with Wyoming Valley Health Care System, the Mother-To-Be program provides unparalleled availability of diagnostic and treatment options for women, such as the Women's Imaging Center and the region’s leading laboratory network.
- Quality obstetric services for women of all income levels
- Access to the Nurse-Family Partnership of Luzerne County, the WIC program, and the full services of Wilkes-Barre General Hospital