Become a Volunteer!
When you or a loved one are in the hospital, even something as simple as finding the cafeteria can be overwhelming. Our volunteers provide a critical link in the care of our patients, and their families. Wilkes-Barre General Hospital’s volunteers fulfill several important functions, ranging from customer service, admissions, flower and mail delivery and taking the Volunteer Hospitality Cart to patient rooms.
Through their radiant smiles and compassionate spirit, our volunteers help make the day seem a little brighter for patients, staff and visitors.
The men and women who donate their time and special skills to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital are a valued resource. We are proud of our volunteers who, as members of our health care team, enrich the lives of our patients, staff and visitors.
Need a reason to volunteer? Here are 10!
Not sure why you should volunteer at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, or want some more reasons to get involved? Here are our top 10 reasons for volunteering with us!
10. Learn something about yourself. You might enjoy spending time with patients who don’t have visitors or being the first person patients and visitors see when they arrive at the hospital. Find out by spending one afternoon a week volunteering at the hospital.
9. Have fun. Volunteer doing something that you love, and it’ll be amazing.
8. Help a worthy cause. Since you love to help others, naturally you’d enjoy working in a hospital. Volunteer and be involved in something you care about.
7. Explore career opportunities. By volunteering, you can find out whether you’d be interested in entering the medical field. Experience is key.
6. Get off the couch. Keep yourself active and become part of a team.
5. Learn new skills and add them to your resume. You can learn a ton from volunteering, and it’s a great way to add skills to your resume for college applications or future jobs.
4. Fulfill graduation requirements. You may need volunteer hours to graduate. Our volunteer department has opportunities for junior volunteers.
3. Make someone else’s day. Your extra effort to help someone can make a world of difference to them.
2. Feel good about yourself. After volunteering, know that you did something great. Be proud of yourself!
1. Just do it—join us!
To learn more about volunteering with Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, call Daria Kochanievich at (570) 552-1199.